Sunday, September 14, 2008

100 For The Sweet Tooth To Celebrate 100 Posts

100 For The Sweet Tooth
A Meme To Celebrate 100 Posts

This is my 100th. post!! Yay!!

It seems 100 posts on the Blogosphere is a milestone people celebrate, so I too will keep that tradition alive. For you today, I have the obligatory list of 100 items. I am tailoring it for this blog to be a list of 100 For The Sweet Tooth!

I have linked the recipes I have already posted on this blog, so if something catches your eye, all you have to do is click.

I'm making it a meme too, because I can't keep all this fun to myself! I think it would be so much fun to see which desserts and sweets you have all eaten and which you have not, especially with regional differences across the country and around the world.

This doesn't have to be just for the food blogs -- any blogger can join the fun!

  • Take this list and BOLD the ones you HAVE EATEN;
  • Leave in the ones you have not (you could cross them out too);
  • (Optional) ADD your own to my list to get to 100 that YOU HAVE EATEN;
  • Post it on your blog with these rules and the picture;
  • If you have posted some or all of the recipes on your blog, link your list to those recipes;
  • Link to this post, http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2008/09/100-for-sweet-tooth-to-celebrate-100.html, so that others can have one central place to join in if they wish;
  • Come back to this post, to let all of us know that you are participating in this meme, and so that we can all come by and read your list and recipes;
  • Link directly to your list, not to your main blog, so that people can find it even months from now.
This should be a fun meme and we should end up with lots of great recipes too.
It will help your own blog traffic and I hope you like that too. You might even get new readers! Let's see how far you can all spread this 100 For The Sweet Tooth!!
Are you game??? Ready, Set, LIST!!!

100 For The Sweet Tooth!
  1. Julia Child's Los Gatos Gateau Cake
  2. Petit Pain Au Chocolat
  3. Savarin
  4. Babas au Rhum et a la Creme
  5. Almond Macaroons
  6. Coconut Macaroons
  7. Galette des Rois
  8. Apple Pie
  9. Peach Pie
  10. Peach Cobbler
  11. Black Forest Cake
  12. Sacher Torte
  13. Blueberry Cream Cheese Fool
  14. Floating Island
  15. Strawberry Cream Pie
  16. Apple Tart
  17. Loukoum (Turkish Delights)
  18. Bananas Yogurt Cake
  19. Banana Jam
  20. Tiramisu
  21. Rose des Sables (Sand Rose -- Middle Eastern)
  22. Charlotte
  23. Belgian Waffles
  24. Ice Cream of all types
  25. Macademia Nut Cookies
  26. Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
  27. Cherry Clafouti
  28. St. Honore
  29. Lemon Curd
  30. Candied Blueberries
  31. Bread Pudding
  32. Morocan Spiced Rice Pudding with Dates
  33. Tapioca
  34. Creme Brule
  35. Pumpkin Pie
  36. Brioches
  37. Religieuses
  38. St. Christains
  39. Lemon Bundt Cake
  40. Kouglof (Alsacian Cake)
  41. Buñuelos
  42. Rhubarb Tart
  43. Parfait
  44. Cheesecake
  45. Creme de Salidou
  46. Tres Leches Cake
  47. Brownies
  48. Fudge
  49. Chocolate Mouse
  50. Creme de Marrons (Chestnut Creme)
  51. Marrons Glace (Glazed Chestnuts)
  52. Pates de Fruit (Real Fruit Jellies)
  53. Halva (Middle Eastern)
  54. Tunisian Fruit Salad
  55. Creme Anglaise
  56. Creme Patissiere
  57. Gingerbread
  58. Madeleines
  59. Princess Cake
  60. Boston Cream Cake
  61. Berry Shortcake
  62. Pecan Pie
  63. Pot de Creme
  64. Norwegian Omelette
  65. Marzipan
  66. Praline
  67. Mexican Hot Chocolate
  68. Compotes
  69. Creme Cheese Lemon Flan
  70. Beignets
  71. Applesauce Kugel
  72. Langues de Chats (Cat's Tongue Cookies)
  73. 1-2-3-4 Cake
  74. Sprinkles of Beverly Hills Strawberry Cupcakes
  75. Sabayon
  76. Truffles
  77. Crepes
  78. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
  79. Rolled Figs
  80. Blintzes
  81. Eclair
  82. Mille Feuilles (Napoleons)
  83. Palmiers (Elephant Ears)
  84. Chiffon Cake
  85. Genoise
  86. Buche de Noel (Yule Log)
  87. Lemon Meringue Pie or Key Lime Pie
  88. Paris-Brest
  89. Pound Cake
  90. Cream Puffs (Petits Choux)
  91. Turnovers (Chaussons)
  92. Easy Baked Peaches
  93. Mont St. Michel (Cake of Apple Crepes)
  94. Yogurt Cake
  95. Polonais (Cake)
  96. Tartelettes aux Poires (Pear Tartelettes)
  97. Mocha au Cafe
  98. Cornets a la Creme (Cream Horns)
  99. Gateau de Savoie
  100. Almond Cake

8 comments:

  1. Hey
    Congratulations on your 100 post. Just passing by through links and loved your site.Nice place to browse and learn newer things. You have a nice blog. Greetings to you from Botswana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was wondering something. Do I have to use your list or can I have my own list? I would really like to do this Meme. But don't think I could do your list, although some of them sound really good. I would like to have my own list of recipes that I know I could get through them. Anyway, I was just wondering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I'm first for this. Did I post in the wrong place? This was so "sweet" I just had to play.

    Check out my list at http://apronstringsandothertiesthatbind.wordpress.com/2008/09/14/100-for-the-sweet-tootha-meme/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anamika. It's been a fun 100 posts! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit here.

    Splummer: Yes, do add to my list to get 100 that you have eaten. That's part of the fun. I figured with the Internet being world wide, there would be regional and cultural differences so I added that twist to the meme.

    So, 1st you bold the ones you have in common with me, and then you add your own so you can have 100 that you have eaten. If we don't have any in common, then you would have your own list.

    Do link to my post though so that everybody has a central place to go to for the meme as is customary.

    I'm so glad you are participating and can't wait to see what you come up with, especially since you also have recipes. :-)

    Judy: Thank you for participating. I saw your list and it was so much fun to read. Finding things in common with other bloggers is one of the ways to find blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone,
    I didn't know how to link to my post so I have created a new blog just for this. The name of the blog is 100 Sweet Recipes. So if you go to my main page scroll down and you will see it.

    I have my list done and posted..Take Care!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherrie: Wow, you make me feel special to have started a brand new blog just for my 100 For The Sweets meme. Your list looks fabulous. I have eaten many from yours too. I look forward to reading all of your wonderful recipes.

    I look forward to your participation in the Need To Kneed Bread Roundup too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,

    Watch how sweet potato, apple and pecan pies are made military style!

    http://navydads.blogspot.com/2008/09/whooo-wheee.html

    Congrats on reaching the century mark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Joy on 100 posts. I played too! Have a great week.http://www.3sidesofcrazy.com/2008/09/theres-another-new-meme-in-town.html

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)