Woo Hoo! I'm going bananas over my first blog award! Mercedes has honored Joy of Desserts with The Royal Banana Blog Yumminess Award and I'm celebrating with a Banana Yogurt Cake and participating in her cake edition of Scrumptious Sunday. I'm so excited to get an award and to get it so quickly. This blog is only a couple of weeks old. Thank you, Mercedes!!
And to pass along the blog love, I am in turn awarding a few blogs. I haven't met too many bloggy friends through this site yet, but I've had a great response with comments (which I L.O.V.E.), so I am giving this award to three very nice bloggers: Beloved Mama, Joyfull and Twinklemom. Be sure to go visit them and tell them I sent you!
I'll give this award to a few more people next time I post too, because 4urpets has also given me this Royal Banana Blog Yumminess Award and I'll have to have another celebration for that award too!! We just can't pass up a good time when there's a good excuse like an award, right?
So, on to the Banana Yogurt Cake recipe. I've never made this recipe before, but it should be super moist because there are four ingredients which add lots of moisture, the bananas, the yogurt, butter and honey. It sounds really good and it's a great way to use those overripe bananas you may have sitting on your kitchen counter. The overripe bananas will give your cake more flavor too. Let me know how it turns out.
Banana Yogurt Cake
* 1 stick of butter
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 eggs
* 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
* 1 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla or honey yogurt)
* 1 1/3 cups flour
* 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
* 8 0z. cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
* 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons mashed banana or honey
1. Preheat oven to 355F. (180C.). Grease and flour a spring-form pan. Line the base with baking paper.
2. Cream butter, brown sugar and honey in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
4. Add mashed banana and yogurt and fold into mixture.
5. Add flour and baking powder. Fold into the mixture gently until just combined.
6. Pour mixture into prepared cake pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
7. Remove cake from oven and let stand for five to ten minutes before removing from pan. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
Icing: Beat cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, vanilla and banana together until smooth and creamy. Spread over cake.