My name is Joy, and I welcome you to the party. Have your choice of beverage and lots of sweet dessert recipes.
I'm a Christian wife and mother who loves to write. I'm a journalist and teacher turned homeschooling mom and have been blogging for four years. Joy of Desserts celebrated its third year in March. I tell you all about myself and my family on my About/Welcome page.
In this blog, you'll not only find recipes, but also posts about ingredients, methods, news and current events for desserts and the sweet kitchen. There are interesting quotes, people and chefs, reviews and even giveaways. I have hosted many recipe roundups for all your favorites like chocolate, ice cream and breads to name a few. I host Vintage Recipe Thursday and I'm starting Monday mmm ... dessert (see more info below). There's always something new for you, my readers. So join me. It will be fun and always different.
Have you heard the latest gossip about the Royal Wedding Cakes?
Don't forget the party favors, I have a great giveaway for you to become a Fearless Baker, so click on the link to enter for a chance to win The Fearless Baker by Emily Luchetti. I also have a post on how to get free recipe booklets from some of the major manufacturers.
Let me introduce you to some of the recurring features of this blog:
- I participate in Wordless Wednesday, and you can link up your own WW posts here each week;
- You can link up your own giveaways on my Giveaways 24/7 page and find lots more giveaways to enter;
- I host Vintage Recipe Thursday where you can link up your family's old recipes or find some oldies but goodies. We already have more than 400 vintage recipes in the archives;
- And while I have your attention, I'm starting a new weekly carnival for dessert and other sweet recipes, so you are all invited to join in the delicious fun for Monday mmm...dessert. The first one will be right after the party on Monday, April 11th. Join me. Together we can make this a successful way of finding new recipes and making friends.
If you like what you see here,
- You can follow this blog by clicking on this "FOLLOW Joy of Desserts" link.
- You can follow me on Twitter: @JoyOfDesserts