Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fruited sundae; quick Peach Melba recipe

I have another quick recipe for two.  It comes from the same brochure as last week's pear with caramel recipe which I had found when I was a newlywed.  I changed this one to be all my own too.  They called it a Fruited Sundae; you might recognize it as a quick Peach Melba.  It's so easy and tasty, I know you'll enjoy it.

If you haven't already, don't forget to enter my giveaway of 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School by Louis Eguaras.  It's a great culinary book!


Bon Appetit,


Fruited Sundae Recipe
Serves 2

Half a 10 oz. package of frozen raspberries, thawed
1 Tbsp. raspberry liqueur (optional)
1/2 tsp. corn startch
1 peach, peeled, and halved (or sliced, optional)
2 scoops frozen vanilla yogurt, or ice cream


In a microwaveable bowl, combine raspberries, liqueur and corn starch.  Stir, cover with plastic wrap and vent.  Microwave on high (100%) for 3 minutes, until slightly thickened.  Let cool slightly in freezer while you peel the peach and follow the next step.
In each individual serving dish, add half peach, and top with 1 scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream.  Pour sauce on top. 

This recipe is shared with:
Cooking for Two Tuesday at Grandmother Wren;

2 comments:

  1. These look really yummy! I think I want one! I am so glad you linked to Tuesday Tastes! I just put the People's Choice Award poll up on my sidebar, when you have a chance, come vote!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    www.crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! It looks great, I love it with the raspberry liqueur, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)