- Raisins are cholesterol-free;
- Low in sodium;
- Rich source of antioxidants;
- Four pounds of fresh grapes produce one pound of raisins;
- Raisin juice is a pure extract of raisins;
- It is a natural substitute for preservatives;
- It sweetens and colors natural baking goods;
- It can be used as a sugar substitute;
- Raisin paste is used in fillings for fine confections;
- Raisin paste inhibits molds;
- Raisin paste also extends shelf-life;
- Enhances flavor.
Just for fun,
here is a California Raisins commercial
with Ray Charles on the piano and singing.