Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tasty, Fast, Easy Pears Belle Helene Recipe

I'm joining Jen for Tasty Tuesday, Trista for Tasty Thursday and their friends with this beautiful classic pear and ice cream recipe with hot chocolate fudge. Today, I'm not preparing this recipe from scratch so I can show you how easy, fast and very tasty it is, but once you're hooked, you won't mind making the traditional version of baking your fresh pear yourself.


Pears Belle Helene
1 can pears in syrup
1-2 tablespoons vanilla extract
vanilla ice cream
chocolate fudge sauce (like Hershey's, but I prefer an organic brand)
pound cake or cream puffs (optional - in the freezer case)
whipped cream (optional)
sprinkles, or for an elegant dinner party, crystallized violets (optional)

Pour pears and some syrup into a bowl and add vanilla extract. In individual bowls or dessert dishes, layer pound cake or cream puffs, scoops of ice cream and pears. Warm fudge in microwave. Pour over pears and ice cream. You can add whipped cream and sprinkles for a more festive look. The whole process will take less than 5 minutes. The final result is elegant enough for a special dinner party, but easy enough for everyday.


*************************
  • Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for a great new book:
  • Looking for a new weekly carnival?
Check out the details for
Vintage Recipe Thursday

  • Does CHOCOLATE make you happy??!!

Joy Of Chocolate Roundup
Click the link for recipes.

*************************

5 comments:

  1. I just found my dinner - LOL - I'll wait til dessert, but these look sooooooooooooooo scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! so glad i checked this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamy: LOL - It is! You will loooooove it!

    The Graves' House: Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Glad you liked what you found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...I love having the option of using canned or fresh. I have never done baked pears but I do have an amazing pear torte recipe that this post jogged my memory on. I will have to do that for Tasty Tuesday. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jen. Pear tortes and pear cakes are really tasty and so moist. I do look forward to your recipe for a future Tasty Tuesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)