Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prize-Winning Date Macaroons Vintage Recipe Vintage Recipe Thursday -- 1st Weekly Edition

Vintage Recipe Thursday is meant to preserve out-of-print, copyright-free recipes from old cookbooks, magazines, newspapers or your own original vintage family recipes. Want to participate? Get the details by clicking to the Vintage Recipe Thursday Homepage.


I thought I'd start out our first edition of Vintage Recipe Thursday with a real winner! This is a prize-winning recipe submited by Mrs. R. F. Estes of Laramie, Wyo., to the Household Magazine for the Searchlight Recipe Book. It's super easy to make and to remember, too. ;-)


PRIZE-WINNING DATE MACAROONS VINTAGE RECIPE

24 Servings

2 Egg Whites
1 Cup Chopped Dates
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Chopped Nuts

Beat egg whites until stiff and dry. Add remaining ingredients in order given. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto well-oiled baking sheet. Bake in slow oven (325F) until delicate brown. Cool before removing from pan.

YOU are next! I'll put your link right here if you want to participate.

*************************
  • Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for a great new book:
  • Looking for a new weekly carnival?
Check out the details for
Vintage Recipe Thursday

  • Does CHOCOLATE make you happy??!!
Join my next recipe roundup
Joy Of Chocolate Roundup
Click the link for details.

*************************

11 comments:

  1. I just started doing Magazine Monday recently to get a handle on all my vintage tear outs. This too will help! YAY! I see what I have tonight and I'll post about this and the chocolate round-up for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamy: Magazine Monday sounds great. I'll head over to your blog and take a look so I can let my readers know about it too. We think so much alike! Thank you for posting about my roundup and carnival. I'm glad you'll be participating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my link for Vintage Recipe Thursday. This will be fun and you're right we do think a lot alike :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, Tamy. Thanks for sharing these two great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love desserts too...wway too much...so glad to find your blog. Hope you will stop by and see me.

    Though I am relativity new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends.

    I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
    I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.

    From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use.

    I have been so touched by the comments that I have decided to give 2 boxes .

    They will be the $100 deluxe size. I really do want to bless people!!! I want my blog to encourage others. I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa: Hello! Glad you came by. Welcome to the blogging world. I'll be by to see your blog and to see your baskets. You'll have lots of visitors in no time. Bloggers love giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, Joy! I will try to post something delicious for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Joy! Thanks for visiting me at Atomic Mommy. I love desserts, too! I'm just not very good at preparing them, and I hope to pick up some tips here! Talk to you soon!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy: That's great. I'm glad you'll be joining us with a vintage recipe.

    Kat: Glad you stopped by. Desserts don't have to be complicated and I have lots of fast and easy recipes in the archives too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came over via your comment on my site. I can't wait to participate in this carnival. That recipe of cake and sauce is the perfect fit. See you Thursday and I singed up for the feeds for more delicious updates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Niki: That's great. Thanks for participating and for following me. See you soon and on Thursdays too!

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)