Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jelly Bean Story sweetly shares the meaning of Easter

It's very easy to share the Easter Jelly Bean Story with a jar of jelly beans.  Just get a nice jar with a lid, fill with jelly beans in the appropriate colors, print the two images below, glue them back to back with a light dab of glue, punch a small hole, and tie the tag with a pretty ribbon.

All photos/giftsucanmake
A sweet way to share the meaning of Easter.
The person you give it to will be nicely surprised and will think of you each time they reach in for a sweet treat.  You will be able to share your faith and the meaning of Easter.

Here's a list of the supplies you will need:
  • Jar or other decorative container
  • Jelly beans in orange, yellow, black, red, white, green, pink and purple
  • Scissors or X-Acto knife (mat optional - be careful of not damaging the surface you are working on)
  • Printer (or do it the creative way, by handwriting and decorating the tag yourself)
  • Paper
  • Glue or double-sided tape
  • Hole punch
  • Decorative ribbon

Print these two images to add to your Easter gift.
Lightly glue the two images back to back.

7 comments:

  1. I love this so much it is such a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea. I had totally forgotten what all the colors meant, thanks for sharing :-)
    ~Faythe @GMT Easter Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cool. Believe it or not I've never heard that one, but I will be passing it down to my grandchildren who probably already heard it. ~hehe~ I'm your latest follower. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat idea! Shh, don't tell anyone, but I don't actually like jelly beans. Reeses cup eggs, on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I download the poem to print? Where do I click to download? Thanks, I want to use this as a part of my children's sermon at church tomorrow. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam: Yes, just right click on the pictures, and "save image as". Easy.

    Happy Easter to all!

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)