Thursday, October 7, 2010

Grandma's vintage pumpkin pie recipe

Vintage Recipe Thursday is meant to preserve your own original vintage family recipes, or out-of-print, copyright-free recipes from old cookbooks, magazines, newspapers or postcards. You're invited! Get the details by clicking to the Vintage Recipe Thursday Homepage. I post recipes from the Household Searchlight Recipe Book, first published in 1931. My 16th printing is from 1943. What will you post?

*************************
Today, I'm using a vintage recipe I found on Flickr instead of using my usual Household Searchlignt Recipe Book.  I hope you enjoy this grandma's recipe.  She has all the ingredients, and of course you know to mix well and pour into your favorite kind of pie crust.  

If you want to join in on the vintage fun with a recipe of your own, just add your link in the comments.
 





Grandma's Pumpkin Pie Recipe_0001
mindelei/Flickr
Grandma Hammond's Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Grandma Hammond's
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
1 can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
dash of cayenne pepper
3 cups milk





Another vintage recipe:

Two Bears Farm ~ Grandma's Deviled Eggs

5 comments:

  1. Love that old crinkled recipe. I have many like that from my grandmother, stuffed inside her cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just saw where you are having people add links in the comments. Mine is http://twobearsfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherish: Yes, not the most common ingredient for a pie. Just a dash to add a bit of kick. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)