It's easy to make ice cream, and unlike many recipes would have you believe, you do not need to use an ice cream maker or an ice cream machine. All you need is a freezer. You can use any ice cream recipe and when you see "freeze according to manufacturer's directions," just follow these easy steps:
- Pour the cream mixture into a freezer-safe container;
- Place in freezer for half an hour;
- Every half hour, take it out to scrape the frozen inner sides of the container and stir into the rest of the cream mixture;
* It will take 2-5 hours depending on how firm you want your ice cream.
* Easy tip: avoid grainy ice crystals by stirring well or using an electric mixer.
* Easy tip: turn up your freezer thermostat to avoid defrosting other foods.