Be sure to visit Amy Deanne at Word-Filled Wednesday ,
Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer and Thursday Thirteen for more participants.
Look at all the benefits and the yummy goodness and you'll understand why I love honey.
1. Honey is the only food to provide all necessary substances including vitamins and antioxidants to sustain life -- even water;
2. Yet it is fat free, cholesterol free and sodium free;
3. The antioxidant pinocembrin is only found in honey;
4. Honey found in King Tut's tomb was still edible because it never spoils;
5. Honey has calming properties and will help you fall asleep. Add it to chamomile or verbena herbal teas and you will be in Morpheus' arms in no time;
6. Honey is also an energy booster, providing two types of sugars -- one fast acting for an immediate boost and the other slowly released for sustained energy;
7. During World War I, honey mixed with cod liver oil was used to dress soldiers' wounds as it speeds healing, fights infection and minimizes scarring;
8. The antimicrobial properties of honey inhibit bacteria, yeast and mold;
9. Honey is 25 percent sweeter than regular sugar;
10. Honey can clear common cold sinus congestion;
11. Honey is an anti-irritant;
12. Honey moisturizes and hydrates skin;
13. Honey is a natural skin exfoliant.
High Energy Kiwi Honey Breakfast Smoothie