Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wordless Wednesday Linky: flowering or blooming teas

I have a Wordless Wednesday linky each week. Be sure to link your post below and to follow me if you want to easily find this weekly linky.

This post is shared with Trish's Tea Party Tuesday, Donna's Tuesday Tea Chat, Martha's Tea Cup TuesdayTerry's Tea Cup Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, What I Love Wednesday, Vintage Share the Love Wednesday, Woo Us To Your Blog, and Thursday-13.

I love to watch these tea balls turn into beautiful blossoms and so will your guests. They are great conversation starters. This is an ancient Chinese art form. Tea leaves and flowers are carefully wrapped together in the shape of a ball and dried. When hot water is poured over them, they slowly bloom into a lovely tea with a blossom or even a miniature bouquet.

In the top row of the mosaic, you can see how they slowly bloom.

Happy Wednesday to all,

1. Tea Blossom, 2. Yellow Chrysanthemums Tea Blossoms, 3. Tea Blossom Just Added to Water, 4. Tea Blossom Blooming, 5. Tea Blossom Blooming, 6. flowering tea balls, 7. hawthorn and tea, 8. tea flower, 9. Untitled, 10. Voila', 11. Full bloom, 12. Tea ball, 13. Time for a flower tea?

Tea For Two...
Tea For Two Still Life - Flickr/Esthersita1



Do you like what you see on this blog?

13 comments:

  1. oh I LOVE flowering teas..so pretty but I leave them in the pot so long to look at they taste bitter..oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tea for two still. That's awesome.

    Have a terrific WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi: I love the look of these teas. I usually let them sit too long, because I love to look at them. Thanks for being a part of Tea Cup Tuesday. You make it so special. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! I love these teas, they are amazing.
    Your tea setting is so pretty and your tea cups just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is awesome.
    Thanks for sharing. Never seen anything like it.
    If you have a chance would you mind linking up at Tots and Me
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2011/08/wordless-wednesday-august-3-2011-wlinky.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those blooming teas! I had one before and it makes for such a pretty table addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a lovely tea, makes me crave for it!

    Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to add your blog at Momma's Lounge (http://olahmomma.com/momlounge) where you can express yourself, add your business/giveaways, and meet more mom bloggers.

    Thanks and have a great day!
    http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that makes me long for a nice cup of tea. Just had another wonderful treat with my mom tonight: Champagne with hibiscus flowers - yummy!!!

    Greetings from Germany
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really neat. I've never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother-in-law is totally obsessed with these. I have to admit, they are really cool, though!

    ReplyDelete

Let's build a friendly community. Thank you for leaving a comment. :-)